Thursday, June 5, 2014

God’s at Work!

Tina is one of the ladies who helps in the garden. I (Bob) had not seen her for several days and when I did she looked really bad. I flagged her down and she came over the garden. “Tina, I haven't seen you for a few days, how have you been?”

She said she was doing good but was trying not to talk much.

“I don't want to pry but by the look on your face it looks like you have been going through more than usual.” She looked at me and started to tell me what's been going on. “I have had kidney cancer for a long time and the doctors just told me it was stage 4 and they need to do surgery next week,” she said.

All I know to do in a situation like this is put my hand on her shoulder and pray. As I prayed she began to weep.

We asked God to give the doctors wisdom, for the surgery to go well, to get all the cancer and to heal Tina completely. I wish you could have a small picture of the transformation on this block.

Never in almost 20 years of ministry have I been able to have such open gospel conversations with folks, and here we are in the open, praying together.

I don't know what she did for the next week but when I saw Tina again she came to me in tears.
“You will never believe what happened at the doctor,” she said. I don't have any cancer. All I have is a few kidney stones. God answered our prayers. He healed me!”

Tina is still on the streets but she is trying to change her life. She is trying to make good decisions and get out of her situation. She is trusting God the best she can.

Tina has hope and is working with several of us to help her change. She has a long journey so we continue to pray with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment