Wednesday, May 15, 2013

“I have never done anything like that before”


Recently, Jesse went with me to go fishing (Craig) but would never participate in our small City Church of Compton with his kids. That was six months ago and now Jesse attends regularly with his whole family.  Recently at our Easter outreach event the entire family participated.

In anticipation of that Glorious day, many of us gathered together and planned to go into the surrounding neighborhood streets and pass out flyers of invitation for Easter. As we were walking down the street I noticed burnout skid marks at one intersection and asked Jesse if he had ever done anything like that before. The answer I got was amazing. He had not been looking at the skid marks that I saw.  Instead, he said, “No, I have never left my house to pass out flyers for a church before today!” There was a joy in his voice as he spoke.


Easter came and Jesse volunteered to welcome people onto our church campus. He and his family are now attending our mid-week gatherings and Sunday services regularly.



Jesse welcoming people at the Easter service.

“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Mt 19:26b)

-Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment